Thursday, January 21, 2010

Вячеслав Михайлович Зайцев






SLAVA ZAITSEV

Crazy
Russian
Designer


Well at least his fashion is all know of. He is also a painter, graphic designer, and a costume designer.
What I love about him is his ability to make traditional Slavic designs into high fashion. The history, and stories that go into each piece are what amaze me. His family endured some hardships of Russian history [his Father was murdered in Stalin's camps] and I think it translates into his artwork. He once stated that all these years he's been making clothes in the memory o his mother. She worked as a seamstress during the Soviet years and never owned a fancy dress.

He creates what he lives. He's proud of his background. Which I somehow hope I can put into my work one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment