Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LENT




The time of year, when we crazy statue worshiping, goat slaying, infantile blood-drinking Catholics, honor Jesus Christ's suffering in the time before his death. We give up meat on Fridays, give up a crutch of our own, and try to repent and do good, which we lack on the entire year.

This year I thought I'd go all out.

I gave up my favorite thing in the world, besides swearing,  COFFEE. The beautiful little bean that wakes me up once ground, and added with boiling water, just a little cream, and heaven. I miss it so much! I have to use the sad Asian substitute, Tea. You know it takes 3 cups of that pathetic little drink to equal coffee. I have around 12 cups of coffee a day. 36 cups of tea? I don't think so. I have black circles under my eyes!!!

Back to lent. I also am trying to not eat red meat during the week as well. I've done so-so up till now. But the major thing is that I've made it a week without coffee. I probably should go to mass here. Yes, I think I will try that. But my life has turned up surprisingly since lent has started. So, Thank you god, thanks for everything always. But if there's anything I can ask now, please make these last 33 days go faster!

1 comment:

  1. If I went that long without coffee, I'd not only be a major asshole to be around (yes, there is a difference,) but I'd have a major headache. Sadly, caffeine seems to whack out my fragile, aging hormonal balance and I've had to cut back. So I feel for you, really...except for the fact that this is self imposed and really unnecessary until you hit your forties. Good luck...hope it's cleansing for you.

    ReplyDelete